Suitable for the solitary and/or more mature traveller. In a private home, the Little Room is private, has its own entrance, private bathroom and access to an outside shower.
This is accommodation only.
The Little Room opens on to the veranda where there is a table and chairs where weather permitting, guests can relax and read and/or enjoy a sundowner.
The outside shower is accessed from the end of the stoep, to the right of the door.
The Little Room is equipped with
- the makings for tea and coffee with a small bar fridge available for guests’ use
- a robe for access to the outside shower and private bathroom
- there are cats in residence
- no cooking or food heating facilities
2 person for 2 nights*
R 950 for 2 people sharing
Single: R600 per night
To book, please get in touch.
* One night bookings considered on a case by case basis
Terms & Conditions
- 50% deposit required to confirm reservation
- balance payable a week prior to arrival (or as arranged)
Meals are available from establishments in the village or with your hosts if available and with prior arrangement.
The Sandbag House is an alternative technology house. It has a wood and iron skeleton filled with sandbags to form its exterior and a drywall interior making it better insulated than conventional building techniques. This, together with solar water heating, composting and our vegetables all help to reduce our carbon footprint. Because the house has interior dry walls, the house is not the quietest: sound does carry and one does hear each other moving about, with the odd thing (usually a cat) going “bump in the night”.